Wednesday 12 December 2018

Christmas Blitz day 9




Dividing my time between homes in South-West France and Abu Dhabi, I live with my husband and our beautiful Tonkinese cat. I spent 20 years as a teacher of French, Latin and Classical studies, before a change of career led me to writing books for children instead.
Shadows from the Past is series of time-travel adventures, featuring 3 children and a rather special Tonkinese cat by the name of Max. I'm currently working on the tenth book in the series, The Shadow of the Witchfinder. Max also has a few solo adventures of his own to accompany the series.

As I take my young readers on a magical mystery tour through the past, I'm hoping that my love of history, myth and legend will rub off on them too.




 ~ Website ~
  


MAX’S ADVENTURES are spin-offs from my 
SHADOWS FROM THE PAST books.

A second solo adventure awaits Max the time-travelling Tonkinese cat in this Christmas short story. 

Invited to accompany a well-known figure on a whirlwind trip into the past, he sets off on a mission to search for something very precious to his owners Jemima and Joe Lancelot - their missing parents. 

The hunt reveals tantalising clues to this mystery and ends with a special surprise for the twins.


Max the talking Tonkinese cat has a third solo adventure in this seasonal short story.

What happens when the feline hero is trapped in the attic one night?

Will he escape the clutches of the Christmas fairy, a regiment of soldiers and three obstreperous French hens in time to enjoy a holiday with his family?

One thing’s for sure, the Twelve Days of Christmas will never seem quite the same again …







Top Ten List:

MY 10 FAVOURITE THINGS:
1. Tonkinese cats. I’m know I’m biased, but these are the best cats ever. Beautiful to look at, with jewel-like eyes of aquamarine, it is their personality that really marks them out – super-intelligent, loving, sociable and talkative, they truly become part of the family.
2. History and archaeology. I love exploring ancient ruins.
3. Family history research. I’m a genealogical addict and have traced my family tree back to the 16th century and beyond.
4. Being by the sea. I think it must come from being born under the astrological sign of the crab!
5. Liquorice ice cream. That’s a combination of two favourite things, a lucky bonus!
6. Books and reading … of course, that really goes without saying. I often have two books on the go at the same time.
7. Taking part in team quizzes. (I have a bit of a competitive streak)
8. Early summertime when the weather is warm, but everything is still fresh and green.
9. The Cotswolds (the beautiful area I grew up in)

10. Shoes. My husband tells people he thinks he must have married a millipede when he sees the all shoe boxes stacked up in the wardrobe!




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Part 1 Official Event page 
and
Part 2 Official Event page




No comments:

Post a Comment