Nine months have passed since Brynne Sullyan helped forge an alliance between the realms of Albia and Andaryon. A fragile peace reigns as both sides recover from the events of the previous year. Then mysterious raiders strike Andaryon villages.
Attempts are made on the life of Albia’s High King. As Sullyan scrambles to find those responsible, unseen enemies threaten to pull apart everything she has worked for, including her marriage.
The alliance begins to crumble, and Sullyan finds herself caught between two monarchs: the king she’s sworn allegiance to, and the man she loves as a father. To betray either one would break her heart, but if conflict is inevitable, she must make a choice…
Cas lives in the lovely county of Hampshire, southern UK, where she was born. On leaving school she trained for two years before qualifying as horse-riding instructor. During this time she also learned to carriage-drive. She spent thirteen years in the British Civil Service before moving to Rome, Italy, where she and her husband, Dave, lived for three years. They enjoy returning whenever they can. Cas supports many animal charities and owns two rescue dogs. She has a large collection of cacti and loves gardening. She is also a folk singer/songwriter and is currently writing and recording nine folk-style songs to accompany each of her fantasy books. You can listen to and download all the songs from her website: www.caspeace.com
See the video of her performing live at the King’s Envoy book launch here: http://www.caspeace.com/cas-
“Rienne, what am I going to do?” Sullyan’s voice was hoarse with emotion. “Elias has declared war on Andaryon. I couldn’t stop him—he wouldn’t listen. As if that wasn’t bad enough, he has commanded me to tell him everything I know about the Citadel’s defenses and Anjer’s battle strategies. How can I possibly obey him?”
Rienne gasped. “He asked you to do that? Doesn’t he realize what he’s doing? There’s no way on earth Timar’s involved in Prince Eadan’s abduction.”
“I know, Rienne, I know. I have told Elias so, but he does not wish to hear me. He is full of fury and avid for revenge and the need to do something to regain his son. I cannot blame him for that. But war! It will achieve nothing but death and the destruction of the alliance. This could put us back decades and resurrect all the old grievances still simmering beneath the surface. Which is exactly what our enemy wants, of course.”
Rienne stared at Sullyan, totally overwhelmed. Events were moving too fast for her. “What will you do? What can you do?”
“I have no idea. I need time to think. But I simply cannot use my knowledge to help Elias attack Timar.”
Top Ten List
1) Anthing to do with animals, especially dogs and horses. My favorite horse breed is the Friesian, which is why I put one in my novels. I also own two rescue dogs and support many animal charities.
2) Singing, especially folk-style songs. I also sing in my local church choir.
4) Dragons and (I have to admit!) unicorns. I have collected figurines and statues of dragons and unicorns since I was small and have a vast collection, some of which live outdoors. But I don’t like “twee”, only ones that look like they could be real.
5) Reading, especially fantasy and sci-fi.
6) Country walks.
7)All wildlife, especially butterflies. I used to breed and release UK varieties, and belong to the Butterfly Conservation Society.
8) Did I mention chocolate?
9) Spending time with family members.
10) Playing my bodhran (Irish drum). I can’t read music so decided to take up drumming instead! It’s fun and very theraputic.