Arabella Sheraton grew up on a diet of Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, and many other writers of that period. From Jane Austen to Georgette Heyer, Arabella has found both enjoyment and inspiration in sparkling, witty Regency novels. She also loves history and generally finds the past more fascinating than the future. Arabella wrote her first Regency romance to entertain her aged mom who loved the genre. Arabella is honoured to share the adventures of her heroes and heroines with readers.
1. What is your favorite Wintertime Activity?
a) I love taking long walks with my dog, all wrapped up against the cold. Then coming home to hot chocolate and a good book. I love winter and Christmas!
2. How many unpublishes / half-finished books do you have in progress?
a) I have an unfinished work in progress. A time travel/murder mystery Regency romance, if such a mash-up is possible! Finding the time to write is hard at the moment but the whole story is already written in my head.
3. What was the most surprising thing you learned when creating your book (in research or in yourself?)
a) Generally my Regency romances are true to the period, but my work in progress is something so different I needed to do extra research. I never considered the possibility of time travel but when doing research on this unfinished book, I was astonished to read about events that have been recorded of time travel. It is possible that in a slip of time, people have been transported back to another era for a while.
4. Tell us about the greatest Christmas gift you ever received.
a) A round the world ticket from my parents to see all the places I had always dreamed of visiting. I love travel.
5. What did you edit out of your book? (Such as a cut scene or an idea that just wouldn't fit?)
a) I never have to edit anything out of my books. They just seem to be right from the start.
6. What inspired you to write this novel?
a) I wrote all my novels for my mother who was disabled. This was a Christmas one for her to enjoy.