When Shanna isn't dreaming up unforgettable characters, twisting plots, or covertly seeking dark, decadent chocolate, she hangs out with her beloved husband, Captain Cavedweller.
1. What is your favorite Wintertime Activity? When I was younger, sledding was my absolute favorite thing. We lived on a hill and I could grab my sled and go for a ride within a few steps of our back door. A close second would have been ice skating because we had a pond at the bottom of the hill and my brother kept the snow swept off it because he enjoyed skating, too. Now, my favorite thing is to cozy up by the fire with a good book and a cup of tea.
2. How many unpublishes / half-finished books do you have in progress? I have one I'm working on right now. Once I start I book, I have to finish it!
3. What was the most surprising thing you learned when creating your book (in research or in yourself?) For Roping Christmas, the heroine has to complete a bunch of challenges to earn the business of a billionaire tycoon. The hero helps her with the tasks. One of the challenges was to make her own pair of boots. It was fascinating to research what goes into making a pair of boots and the time involved to create them.
4. Tell us about the greatest Christmas gift you ever received. That one is easy - my husband! We met on a blind date the day after Christmas and we married a year later, a week before Christmas. He is by far the best gift I've ever received.
5. What did you edit out of your book? (Such as a cut scene or an idea that just wouldn't fit?) Roping Christmas features many laugh-out-loud scenes. I could have added a dozen more because I was just having so much fun with the story.
6. What inspired you to write this novel? Every holiday season I run a campaign called Read a Book, Help A Cowboy. To help kick off the campaign, I like to release a book in my Rodeo Romance series, which Roping Christmas is part of. Beyond that, I just thought it would be a lot of fun to write a story about a city girl faced with several challenges only a country boy could help her get through.
a Rafflecopter giveaway