Top Ten List
1) Heart of the Wests (Ginnie's home) is a real place in Ohio.
2) The blonde girl on the cover (Gracie--who is modeling for Ginnie) lives in the real West Farmhouse.
3) The brunette girl on the cover (Jessie--who is modeling for Tillie)--is Gracie's cousin in real life.
4) Gracie and Jessie's cousins grew up on a different farm I mention in the books: Chandler's Crossing--Toran and Ginnie's friend, Austin's home.
5) There are real goats, chickens, cattle, dogs, cats, turkeys, ducks on the real West farm--but NO horses.
6) Queenie West's (Ginnie's mom) personality is based on Gracie and Jessie's grandmother. Gracie looks very much like her--just as Ginnie looks like her mom.
7) I spent a lot of time at the "real Wests" farm--as a teenager--babysitting the kids that lived there--especially Gracie and Jessie's dads--and their aunt.
8) Gracie and Jessie's cousins grew up on a different farm I mention in the books: Chandler's Crossing--Toran and Ginnie's friend, Austin's home. :)
9) Gracie and Jessie's grandpa and grandma were my 4H leaders as well as my friends.
10) I raised a lamb named Appomattox (because I was fascinated with the Civil War) on the real West farm and showed it at fair as a teen.
Tillie pulled several handfuls of grass, angry that she couldn’t put into words what she was thinking and feeling … and growing even angrier that she couldn’t figure out what was on Ginnie’s mind. Her best friend hadn’t said much at all last night and even less this morning.
After Uncle Jake asked Tillie to feed the cats and dogs so he could talk with Ginnie alone, Ginnie didn’t even hint at what they talked about. Normally she would have told me everything.
Post a Comment