Thursday 21 February 2019

Valentine Countdown Day 14









Award-winning author, wife, mother, grandmother, Harry Potter geek, Army veteran, karate black belt, and online gamer girl.






~ Facebook ~ Website ~
~ Amazon Bookbub ~
Twitter Pinterest Google+ ~


As the eighth earl of Kellworth, Gareth is accustomed to getting what he wants. Then he encounters a woman he suspects is from the future--a utopian future that he feels compelled to see. He intends to get what he wants, but it will involve dealing with fae magic. And that could lead to disaster--for his heart.



Dr. Catherine Ryan is drawn to the handsome guest at Twickenham Manor, with his odd combination of childish excitement and old eyes that have seen too much pain. She loses her heart to him before she discovers the truth of when he’s from. Now she faces the biggest decision of her life!






Q&A With the Author: 

Tell us about things you enjoy — what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing?

Besides spending time with my family, I love to read. I like to do the Goodreads Reading Challenge. Last year I read 165 books. Now, most of those were audiobooks because I don't have time to sit and read. Another thing I love to do is play League of Legends, an online video game. It's so fun to play with my family members.

When did you first realize you were an author?

This may be arbitrary, but I'd classify being a writer as someone who writes. I became an author when I became published. So with that definition, I became an author in June 2013.

Have you done anything writing-related, but besides actually writing your books, that seemed to get a lot of positive response? Something that encouraged you?

I write a mean set of city council minutes. I did that for over twenty years.

What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it?

I guess distractions are the biggest conflict. I can be writing along, and I need to open my browser for research. *squirrel* When I'm really struggling, I have software called Anti-social that helps. I turn it on and it keeps me from opening social media.

What is the “message” of your writing? (For example, is your purpose to encourage old-fashioned values, encourage romance, or do you have different purposes in different books?)

Probably the biggest theme I hear reviewers comment on the "family." Frequently, it's about people who create their own "families" from friends.

Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life?

I draw a lot on my own experiences or those of people I know or have read about. It's a lot of taking an experience and asking a bunch of "what if" questions. I don't tend to write about real people, but I've had a couple of characters that were inspired by real people. More that they were fodder for "what if" questions.
What are your future projects?

This is going to be a busy year for me.
* I have another book in my Billionaires of REKD series coming out on St. Patrick's Day. It's called The Luck of the Billionaire, and it includes a trip to Ireland. Appropriate, right? There will be another two of them that will come out by the fall. 

* The next Twickenham Time Travel romance--For the Magic--will come out in the summer. 

* I have a romance that's a follow-up to my Christmas novella that should come out later this year. 

*This fall I'll begin releasing a new western novella series set in Wyoming in 1905.
  
* I'm also working on a young adult/new adult portal fantasy I'm excited about.

Hmmm . . . looking at all that I think I may need to clone myself.




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our  Official Event Page 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment